Longarm quilting services available at Quilts by Carole include:
- Basting — A very long stitch, meandering across your quilt. This is for the hand-quilter who would like their quilt basted prior to them hand-quilting the piece. Basting (for Hand Quilters) $0.007/sq in
- Pantograph – quilted from edge-to-edge. $0.015 / sq inch (1-1/2 cents)
- Simple, all-over free-hand design. The Hungry Caterpillar quilt, shown in the picture to the right, is just such a quilt. Free-Hand $0.020 / sq inch (2 cents)
- Complex, all-over free-hand design. This is a denser quilt design such as shown in the Wavy Sea Quilt shown to the right. Click on the photo to see the quilting up close. This also applies to quilts with different thread colors in different areas, stitch in the ditch work, grid work and where stencils are used in the quilt design. Complex Free-Hand $0.025 to 0.030 / sq inch (2-1/2 to 3 cents)
- Custom. Intricate quilting work where you and I will need to discuss both the design and the cost. Custom (to be quoted) $0.030 to 0.050 / sq inch ( 3 to 5 cents )
The price for the quilting in most cases is based on the dimension of your pieced top per square inches, (length x width = square inches) and is quoted to you prior to quilting.
The Innova 12′ frame can easily accommodate quilts up to 120 inches in width.
Only high-quality threads from top manufacturers (Superior, Fil-Tec, YLI and others) are used. I carry a wide-range of colors and weights and am broadening my stock.
Solid colors: $1 / bobbin
Variegated colors: $2 / bobbin
Every quilt project begins with a new needle and this is included in your project price. It is not added onto your cost.
Quilt tops should be pressed, squared (lay flat) and trimmed of loose threads. You can prepare your quilt top or I can do this for you at the price of $25 per hour.
Backing and batting must be at least 8 inches wider and longer than quilt top. Visit FAQ for why this extra material is necessary. After machine quilting is complete, your quilt will be trimmed to remove excess back fabric and batting. At your request this excess back fabric and batting will be returned to you.
Extra Prep work, (prior to loading quilt) $25/hour
I accept personal checks, money order and cash. 50% of payment is required when you ship the quilt to me. It is not required for quilts from local quilters and are dropped off. The balance is due when the quilt is completed and prior to me sending the quilt back to you. You, the customer, are responsible for all shipping expenses. I highly suggest that when you ship your quilt you enclose it inside a plastic bag.
Do email me prior to shipping your quilt to me.
Every referral you provide means a 10% discount off your next longarm quilting service quilt.
There is a minimum charge of $40 per quilt.
My home and my quilting studio is smoke-free, and cat-free.
Quilts by Carole reserves the right to refuse any quilt.